We are on the lookout for talented students who wish to shape the future of interactive computing and user experience with us. If you are curious, creative, and enjoy solving complex problems with cutting-edge computing technology, then you will fit right in. We’d be happy to have you with us, as you write your Master’s or Bachelor’s thesis in Human-Computer Interaction.
Joining the HCI lab
Why joining the lab?
Joining the HCI lab for your thesis is a great opportunity for students to:
- get early exposure to upcoming visionary technologies
- conduct creative research to contribute to the future of computing
- be part of an internationally leading research lab
- prepare for your next career steps: our past student alumni have started academic research at leading international labs or have got attractive positions in leading IT companies in Germany and abroad
- learn how to write academic publications
- get exposure to international conferences, tech demonstrations, etc.
- possibly even become the co-author of a top-tier publication
We are interested in students from all backgrounds, first and foremost from Computer Science, but we also accept students from Psychology, Materials Science, and the Fine Arts. Ideally, we are looking for people with:
- prior knowledge in HCI (Lectures HCI and/or Interactive Systems)
- technical knowledge in an area that is useful for HCI, such as computer vision, computer graphics, embedded systems, machine learning
- or experience with empirical methods for user studies
Specifically, we are looking for people with basic skills in at least one of the following points:
Whom to contact
To help us understand your skills quickly and provide the best advice, please join your CV and transcript of records to this email.
You can also directly contact any Ph.D. or post-doc researcher of the team who works on research topics you find interesting.
Theses can start at any time throughout the year.
Want to know more about doing your thesis in our lab? More information here.