Our research mission is to contribute to a next generation of user interfaces that seamlessly merge with the physical world and the human body. These interfaces create more effective, expressive, and engaging interactions with interactive systems and devices. Moreover, they are compatible with challenging mobility contexts and integrate well with real-world activities. This opens up a wide range of applications in various fields, including mobile and wearable computing, robotics, smart home, health and fitness devices.
We develop user interface technologies for advanced sensing and displays, invent new concepts for interaction, and empirically study user behavior.
Our focus areas include:
- Soft, flexible and stretchable user interfaces
- Touch and multi-touch interactions
- Body-based user interfaces
- Wearable devices, interactive skin and electronic textiles
- Mobile computing
- Augmented Reality
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Digital fabrication and rapid prototyping
- New materials for interaction